Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hey, that's no way to say goodbye

I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time,
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me,
It's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea
But let's not talk of love or chains and things we can't untie
Your eyes are soft with sorrow
Hey, that's no way to say goodbye


/

Plans in motion now, I pray they do not fall through. One thing at a time yes, but time is finite and so is this world, and how mortal our tiny selves are we know only too well.

But when plans are in motion and the best cat in the world is sitting on your lap yawning into your tummy as you re-read your favourite Austen novel and listen to some Leonard Cohen after getting home from a day of watching anime with perhaps the only person who loves you even when you are at your most wretched, I think... I think, that days like these are worth fighting all the monsters for

No comments:

Post a Comment